Monday, August 25, 2008

SPIELS

Opening:

Hi this is Tennessee from AOL technical support How may I help you?

Member gives problem: I am having a problem with my AOL, I can't send emails.

CCC: Oh, I am really sorry to hear that ma'am/sir and I will be more than happy to help you with that? Again my name is Tennessee may I have your first and Last name please?

Member gives name: Is it ok if I call you by your first name? Member says OK, say: Thank you for that (member name).

Let me ask you if this is first time you called in for this concern? if yes proceed if no ask for case number.

Consultant will probe and ask the 3 questions if needed.
1. Are you getting an error message? Once the message has been obtained look it up using google then Sherlock to know if it is an AOL error or an OS error. This saves a lot of time.

2. When was the last time that you were able to use your AOL with no problems? This will give you an idea if it is a long unresolved problem or this will be an easy call since it just occured recently.

3. Did you add any software or hardware/ changed configurations prior to this happening?
This will give you an idea if you can just revert back to the default settings to have the problem resolved.

After all these questions you may ask any question. Just make sure that you keep it to a minumum since it will leave an impression that you are just buying time.

If the member is happy always tell the member that:

You sound pretty happy for a person who is having a technical problem. This will maintain the positive attitude of the member and enable you to control the call.

Once the problem has been resolved always use the valued member spiel.

Wow you fixed the issue, if this happens to your friend you will be able to fix their issue/ Congratulations, you are now and AOL expert.

Member reacts then you say:

I am really happy that I was able to help a Valued member like you.

If the problem is resolved also tell the member:

I am really glad that I was able to solve your problem upon your FIRST contact with me.

Always ask if there is anything else.

Is there anything else that I can help you with?

Closing:

Thank you so much, and again this is Tennessee, thank you for calling AOL Tech you have a great day! Say this while you are smiling because the member will remember the last moments of the call.

No comments: